Monday, June 29, 2009

Demolition derby and visiting the Kemps

This past weekend Ryan and I made a short trip to Utah to visit his family, celebrate his dad's birthday, and meet two new little additions to the Kemp family (baby Nathan, and Avery).  Before I get to my first demolition derby experience I must say the drive to Utah was more pleasant this time.  The last picture provides a small glimpse of the green rolling hills and blue sky.  Yes I did say green and as many know that this drive to Utah is usually brown and nothing but brown.  All of the rain has made the drive quite scenic and not so boring.  Enough about that let's get to the important part.  The West Jordan Demolition Derby brought out the "white trash" in me!  By the end of the event I wanted a car to catch on fire and I found myself yelling "flip that car"!  What added to the charm was the nice vests we had to wear so we didn't have to pay to get into the event.  Ya we all were volunteer ushers.  I must say when people had to ask me where their seats were located I looked just as confused as they did.  All in all it was a surprisingly fun event.  We had a great time with the family and enjoyed our weekend in Utah.  

Here is one of the cars that flipped that evening!  I must say we were cheering pretty loud when it happened.

More collisions.....and smoke from the crappy engines

Rick and Ryan

Zack, Austin, Julie, me, and Ryan.  Gotta love the vests! 

the green hills on the way to Utah?

6 comments:

Trev and Shan said...

Hey Kristie! I am a HUGE demolition derby fan!! My dad used to take me every year when I was little and I've been addicted ever since. Aren't they hilarious?? I'm going to have to find one to go to here in Louisville.

So how's your knee feeling? Hope everything is going good, miss you!

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Hey!!! Finally I see the vests!! Ha ha I love it, Oh i miss you guys!!! We can not wait to see you and lounge at the pool. See You soon!!

cindy. said...

hey, we were in utah this weekend TOO! in south jordan, actually. funny.

love the classy vests ;)

The Minert's said...

Okay that looks like an event...was not expecting a post about a demolition derby....how the heck did you wind up there? You are so random I love it!!! Can't wait to see you on the 4th!! Plan something fun...well at least for the evening cause I won't be there until 8pm crazy me...why did I chose to travel on the fourth?? Love ya, see ya soon

Karen said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Love the vests!

murugan said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again





Pool Demolition