Monday, March 23, 2009

This cute boy is 29!!!!!! today :)


So my adorable husband turned 29 today!  We enjoyed lunch together and then had a few people over for dinner and cake.  I made his favorite cake with rainbow chip frosting.  I made it in the sheet pan so there is more frosting then cake......he really likes it that way....:)  For his birthday we are headed to Arizona for the NCAA basketball games, which he is more than excited for!  I must add Ryan wanted me to get more excited about the games so he had me fill out a bracket.  I just guess which team will win and this year I am beating him!  I don't think he is too happy about it, but it is getting me more excited to watch basketball  all weekend because I am so darn competitive.  So we are traveling again to some warm weather and basketball.........what more could Ryan want for his birthday?!  Let's see a BACK SCRATCHER!  I bought him a dollar backscratcher and he grinned from ear to ear.  I think he likes it :)  I also wanted to post the top 10 reasons why he is so wonderful.  
10- he is my other half and takes great care of me
9-he has the most adorable eyes and smile( just thinking about his cute face makes me happy)
8- he stays up late with me even when he has to wake up early!
7- he cooks.....need I say more :)
6- he actually enjoys running with me!
5-he loves to travel and visit new places.
4-he is a hard worker and is always willing to serve
3-he is spiritually strong and lifts me up
2-he pampers me and is always helping me out with whatever projects I come up with
1-he loves me with his whole heart!

Babe I love you so much and I look forward to all of the many birthdays we will celebrate together.
Now the best part is what a cute boy Ryan is ........
here he is as a youngster.  Look at that bleach blond hair and baby blues.
Love ya and Happy Birthday!
29 years young!

Ryan blowing out his birthday candles!

a few more photos of Ryan through the years......

7 comments:

J & J said...

You two better start having babies...he was/is such a cutie! Happy Birthday! Thanks for including us with the skype.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Ry! Have fun watching all those games this weekend.

Trev and Shan said...

What an awesome birthday present! I'm sure you guys will have tons of fun in Arizona! Nice work on beating Ryan in your brackets Kristie, that is impressive! What do you win if you beat him in the end???

Tell Ryan happy birthday for us!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

i can't believe your tore your acl?!!! krisite!!!you never get hurt!!!! quinn has had two knee surgeries and i hate knowing that you are going through the same thing. :(
on to better news...you're going to arizona to watch ncaa basketball?!!! life doesn't get much better. quinn and i are pretty much obsessed with march madness and i usually beat him in the bracket too. i think it really pisses the guys off that the girls always win.
have a blast!

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Kristie~
That post is so cute!! I love those baby pictures they are so cute!! And you totally rocked it on the cake it was amazing!!! We love hanging out with you guys, and party it up in Arizona lady.

Jake and Denae said...

Kristie.. I laughed so loud about you beating Ryan on the bracket thing. Jake would be outraged!! I hope my little girlie is doing well and I will see you this weekend! To my bestfriend I come to fulfill my duties!

The Minert's said...

Hope you had a great time in sunny Arizona...you lucky duck:) It was so much fun the other day getting together and making those adorable buttons! I think that the possibilities are endless with what you can do with them! Oh and I don't normally shop at Walmart but I had to quickly get something there the other day and noticed that the buttons are only like a $1.20 regular price so just FYI for future craft making....love ya and see you in like 4 weeks, and I'll be bring you your new bed! Summer