Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sunny Arizona and basketball

This past weekend Ryan and I enjoyed some NCAA basketball games in sunny Arizona!  I met a few of Ryan's friends and had tons of fun hanging out with them.  Besides basketball we enjoyed getting lost on the freeway's of Arizona, swimming, shopping, eating, and staying two extra days thanks to US Airways.  Our flight home was scheduled for Sunday and when they announced that the flight was over sold Ryan was more than overjoyed!!!!!  He was like a little kid saying, "Kristie can we please offer to stay so we get the free flights, hotel, and meal vouchers."  Of course I was on up for an extended vacation and the opportunity  to fly for free on our next vacation.  We couldn't pass it up.  So we spent the remainder of the day learning the Phoenix train system and all day Monday laying in the hot sun by the pool.  We left Tuesday morning and as we left the beautiful hot sun we flew into a sea of gray clouds!!!!!!!!!!!   Boise weather is terrible!  Cold, cloudy, rainy, and now I want to go back tomorrow!  Instead I get to have knee surgery........hoorah!!! :(  Wish me luck!  I'll post once I am off of the pain meds and feeling normal!  

The group outside Cardinal Stadium

another group photo at the NCAA basketball game

This is Ryan's favorite vacation........I too had fun

UConn vs. Missouri

photos taken from the car.  We were lost and I found an orange field.  So I took a sample :)  Nothing beats a fresh picked orange from the tree.

posing with the cactus........

Ryan entertaining too of the cutest boys ever!  I swear one looked exactly like Ryan.  These were his friend Greg's kids.

8 comments:

Kori said...

Looks like you had fun! I bet you enjoyed Hawaii though,just a little bit more? Good luck with your surgery! talk to you soon.

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Hey!! You guys look like you had a blast, and ryan finally got his waffles!! ha ha we will come tomorrow for conference and treats!!! Hope that everything goes well today and hope that the drugs are good and strong. We really miss you on the volleyball squad, it is just not the same... no one to talk to during the plays... ha ha Ill call you tomorrow and see what time is best for you guys!! Good luck!

J & J said...

Sending you peaceful, positive thoughts....You're healthy and will heal quickly. love you...

Heidi Bitsch said...

Looks like you guys had a very fun trip. I'm jealous because I was stuck in the cold, rainy weather. :) Good luck on your surgery!

The Minert's said...

Soooo happy you got to go on another vacation, especially now that your going to have your surgery and will be out of commission for the next couple weeks...you'll be back at it in no time if I know my big sista! Love you and everything will go perfectly!!! I'll call you soon to see how your feeling....Summer

Russ and Julie said...

Kristie...we'll be thinking of you during your surgery! If you need anything let us know and follow your doctor's advice....don't try and do too much too soon! Love you!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

cali just told me that you are going in for surgery next week. we'll be praying for you. oh, and quinn and i are totally jealous that you got to go to a game.

Kemp Family said...

Good luck with surgery and a quick recovery. Hope all goes well. Love you guys...Aunt Val