Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Splash!

Easter couldn't have been a nicer day!  It was sunny, bright, and full of fun.  I had tons of fun because I was out of the house and spending time with the family.  Ryan had fun too and got a little carried away in more ways than one.  First of all on Saturday we went shopping to buy a few treats and eggs to hide for the kids.  At our first stop Ryan bought three bags of candy and no plastic eggs.  So we drove to Wal-greens and I told him to buy just a couple bags of candy and some plastic eggs.  Fifteen minutes later, he comes out with a huge bag full of easter candy and plastic eggs.  He spent nearly 35 dollars!  I couldn't believe all of the treats he bought!  We filled nearly 50 eggs and still have at least 8 bags of candy left.  I guess we need to return it, but Ryan reassured me by saying, "Don't worry it was all on sale".  So now we will be taking some of this candy to Utah this weekend to share with his nieces and nephews.  What we don't use I will be returning! :)  The kids loved all of the eggs for the easter egg hunt.  Better yet they loved all of the candy!  Ryan and my little brother Brian thought it was so nice that the next thing I knew they were jumping in the freezing cold pool!  Elly, Izabel, and Ford all enjoyed jumping on the trampoline, easter egg hunt, and dress up!  It was such a perfect Easter Sunday filled with a perfect easter message at church, good food, and family.  We missed all who couldn't be there.  We love you and miss you!    ......oh and a little update on my knee......it is feeling better each day and rehab is working my muscles back into shape.  I am walking around and headed back to work tomorrow.  Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Brian attempting a cannon ball

Ryan trying a flip that ended in a back flop! :)

Izabel and Elly playing dress up.

Brian wanted his picture taken, but the girls didn't want him in it!

running out to find the easter eggs!

Elly posing!  Hmm I think Mary and Andy have a future dancer on their hands!

Andy removing the snow white dress before I could take a picture.  There aren't any boys Ford's age so he often gets stuck playing dress up with Izabel and Elly.

Sweet Izabel and Auntie Kristie

Ford and Uncle Ryan

4 comments:

Heidi Bitsch said...

Looks like a fun time! Glad your knees is feeling better. Hope you won't have too hard of a time working with it. :)

cindy. said...

aaaah, swimming! i like the sound of that! i am SO ready for summer.

glad to hear your knee is feeling better!

xoxo.

Karen said...

Looks like you had a fun time with family. Glad you are healing so quickly from surgury, NEVER fun.

The Minert's said...

I wish we could have been there....it looks like you all had a great time! Love the pictures of Elly and Izabel dressing up, how fun is that!! Ryan got a little carried away with the Easter candy $35 that is a ton of candy....send some over our way we didn't get any easter candy...