Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Run Ryan Run....

This past weekend Ryan and I drove to Utah for the Salt Lake half marathon.  We left Friday after work and didn't arrive until 12am!  Ryan had to wake up at 6 am to run in the race.  My best friend and I were the ultimate cheerleaders and waited at the finish line for our boys to complete the race.  I must say it was hard to watch all of the runners as I was supposed to run this race before I tore my ACL.  I think I won't sign up for this one ever again.  The year before I got terribly sick from out honeymoon and couldn't run in it either.  I think from now on I'll sign up like a week before so I won't curse myself!  So Ryan and Jake ran the first 6 miles in 48 minutes.  Ryan finished in 1 hour and 51 mins.  Jake finished in 1 hour and 43 mins.  I think Ryan pushed it a little too much for the first 6 miles, but he did a great job.  I miss running with him!  Now we go on tons of walks together, but it isn't quite the same.  I know before long I will be able to run along side my hubbi.  

Denae and me!  Go boys!

Jake and Ryan.....sweat, smiles, and a thumbs up

Jake pushing it to the finish line

Ryan flashing a smile as he is near the finish line.

8 comments:

Karen said...

YAY for Ryan! I was supposed to run in this too. I got really sick and so did my babies, maybe next year.

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

It's always great seeing you guys. Wish it was in me to run like that. We'll see ya this weekend!

Kori said...

Yay for the boys and finishing their race! Sorry you couldn't run in it! Take care of yourself and get that knee better!

The Minert's said...

What a fun weekend...yeah I think that the SLC marthon has some kinda curse on you...I remember we were there last year and you had that crazy parasite...now your knee...I agree maybe you should hold off on signing up next time...love ya see ya soon xoxox

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

great job ryan!!! Kristie I am sad you missed it this year, i guess that race isn't for you... probably cause you would rock it!! We really miss you guys!! I love that we still text like maniacs!!! ha ha miss ya

Jake and Denae said...

I cant believe all of those people that finished before these guys!! Wow!! I was like look at the butt on that one!! He must work out:-)

cindy. said...

good work, ryan! you're a maniac. sorry you didn't get to run this one AGAIN, kristie. i agree with what you said...just play it safe and don't sign up for it ever again :)

hope you are feeling like yourself again!

love ya.

Jenn Oldham said...

I am missing stuff like that too being preg. It is hard to watch everybody else do stuff!!!! That is awesome they did so well. Go Jake and Ryan!