Tuesday, May 19, 2009

California Fun!

About a month ago I won a trip to Disneyland from work.  I filled out a short essay and figured it wouldn't hurt to submit it to my boss.  He sent out the original e-mail explaining the offer.  So this past weekend I flew to Aneheim, California for an all expense trip to enjoy Disneyland and attend the California Dental Convention.  I also made some time to visit my sister Jenelle, her husband Joe and their two little boys, Sam and Evan.  It was a perfect trip and I would have loved it even more if my husband could have joined me.  Maybe next time!  Seriously though Disneyland was tons of fun!  I really did feel like a kid again and I wanted to dance around and wear a Cinderella dress!  All of the little girls were dressed up like princesses with tiaras.  The rides were fun (Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, Soarin', Monsters Inc. (California Adventure).  Kelly (a fellow co-worker) and I enjoyed a busy afternoon and evening at Disneyland and California Adventure on Thursday.  Friday we attended the dental convention, as well as Saturday morning.  I then rented a car a drove about 35 minutes to Dana Point to visit my sister.  We enjoyed spending the afternoon at the beach watching Joe surf while Sam ate fries and a hot dog, and Evan pooped in his diaper.  Jenelle ran out of baby wipes and had to use Sam's napkins to clean his bum!  I laughed pretty hard while she wiped his bum with a dry napkin.  Oh the things moms  have to endure!  Love ya Jenelle!  That night we ate at a yummy Thai food restaurant and had frozen yogurt for dessert.  It was the perfect day.........thanks Joe and Jenelle!  I had to leave the next morning for the LAX airport and come back to good ol' Idaho!  I must say as much as I love to visit the beach I love Idaho and how small it is!  I also love my baby......I always miss him when we haven't scene each other for a few days!  It was a great weekend packed with good memories.

Mickey Mouse!  I had to quickly snap the picture as he rushed by on a bike!

Sam enjoying some fries and a hotdog!  This was a special treat :)

A few of the characters at Disneyland ( I had to get a picture of Cinderella for Elly. She is obsessed with Disneyland and princesses)
Sam riding his bike!  This kid can fly down the hills and he is only three!

Kelly and I after the Disney parade!  It was a dance party :)

Posing at the entrance to Disneyland

Sisters and Evan

Evan is so big now!  The last time I saw him was Christmas!!!!!!

Joe walking down to his surf spot!  Love ya!

5 comments:

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

How fun! Don't tell Taylor, she's been begging to go! I bet your sister was happy to see you there.

J & J said...

We loved having you. Sam dug his D-land treats and is still throwing that ball around. We wished you could have stayed longer. Gotta' say, you're one incredible soul-always so much fun to be around and so good to talk to. Both Jenelle and I feel lucky to have you. Look forward to toying around in the surf with Ryan next time you're both here. - Joe

Kori said...

Looks like you had a great time in CA! How sweet is that that you won an all expense paid trip! Lucky you! We do definetly need to get together, it has been a long time!!!! I'm usually pretty open so let me know.

cindy. said...

you can't beat a FREE trip to disneyland. i LOVE that place too...it really is the happiest place on earth!

loved the pictures...those are 2 darling boys!

can't wait to see you on monday!

xoxo.

Pence Planet said...

Elly can't get enough of the Cinderella photo. She can hardly wait to go there someday. Thanks for all the goodies hopefully that will hold her off for some time.