Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Turkey Day !

This Thanksgiving was a little smaller than normal we were missing Cindy, Adam, Summmer, Chris, Jenelle, Joe, Russell, Julie, and their kids. It was a great day with yummy food and family. As a tradition before we eat we have to say two things we are grateful for. Grandma Arlie started the tradition years ago and isn't doing well so of course we all started crying when Mary mentioned she was the one who kept the tradition. It is such a special holiday and I have so much to be thankful for. I love Thanksgiving it is the perfect start for the Christmas season. Now on to decorating for Christmas........another post to follow showing my "Buddy the elf" craziness for decorating :)
Isn't this just hilarious! I loved Elly's turkey hat.....gobble gobble

sweet Tesla June

Dad carving the turkey

Amy and mom working their magic in the kitchen :)
Hope you all had a fabulous holiday!

6 comments:

Jenn Oldham said...

I would have loved to have had thanksgiving at your place. i am sure it was fantastic!! We miss you guys can you move closer!

Cindy Zickgraf said...

I didn't know Grandma Arlie shared what she was grateful for. What a special thing to witness, I wish I could have been there while everyone shared what they were grateful for. It is a good tradition. Kristie hope you and Ryan are well, come by and see us soon!

The Minert's said...

Cindy I think you might of misunderstood...I don't think that Grandma Arlie shared what she is grateful for, she just started the tradition. Cindy I love you, you seriously crack me up, anyways looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving! Missed you all xoxo

J & J said...

Summer, I was thinking the exact same thing. Yes, Cin you crack me up to....love you. I am so excited to see all of my beautiful sisters. I miss all of you soooooo much!

Kemp said...

Ya Cindy did misunderstand, but I had it worded differently so I changed it. So give her a little slack it was the way I wrote it and it did sound like Grandma Arlie said what she was grateful for. Love all you ladies!

Pence Planet said...

Love the little misunderstanding you guys all crack me up.........Can't wait until we are all back together. Love you all.