Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This Christmas.....


I am sad to say the holidays are over and now I get to re-cap our Christmas events!  This was officially our first Christmas together as a married couple.  We kept it sort of low key due to the fact that most of our extra money has been spent on remodeling projects!  None the less it was a brilliant holiday spent with my large family!  For the first time in a long time everyone was home to celebrate Christmas Eve in style.  Let's just say as the number of grand children grows the louder it gets at the Blackhurst house!  I enjoyed every minute of it as for Ryan I think he found refuge in the basement with the brother in laws watching........you guessed it football!  Christmas morning we had the pleasure of visiting little Elly as she captured the pure joy of the season with her kitchen that Santa brought!  We stopped over at the Zickgrafs and played with all of the play dough that Izabel and Ford received!  We opened our gifts to each other and surprising enough my dear husband gave me beautiful pearl earrings and a pearl bracelet.  So much for keeping it simple.......I got him an electric razor :).  We ended Christmas day at the movie theater with Brian, Riley, and Emily.  We also enjoyed sledding with the nieces and nephews!  Ryan got a work out hiking up the hill with a kid in each arm.  The best part was watching Ford and Ryan go off of a jump.  Ford came back up smiling and saying "Let's do it again"  Ryan let me know he kind of hurt himself by landing on his tail bone!  Thankfully enough no one got seriously injured because there were many collisions that afternoon.  What can I say he loves kids and they love Uncle Ryan!   We had a glorious holiday spent relaxing, sledding, eating, laughing, and loving every minute of it!  Hope your holidays were spectacular and perfect.  Sending love to all friends and family we weren't able to enjoy the season with this year.  We love you!

let it snow.....let it snow.....let it snow!

Ford can hardly wait to get on his snow gear and head out into the winter wonderland!

The beautiful table that Emily put together!  She has such a talent for decorating!

The new mommas and their new little babies.  :)

Ready to go!  Ford never stopped smiling.

the madness Christmas eve!  Uncle Brian was the horse and all the grand kids wanted a ride.  Sam thought this was the greatest event of the night.

Uncle Brian is home for good now.  Here he is meeting baby Kaisley for the first time.

Ryan and I at the annual Zickgraf "Ugly Sweater Christmas party"!

8 comments:

Jake and Denae said...

would you please send me that sweater?? :)

Erin said...

Nice sweater! I thought the Kunz house got crazy with all the kids but I think you guys take the cake. It looks like it was a blast!

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

How fun! While we missed you guys, what an awesome Christmas for you to be with all of your family!

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! It's always great to be with all your family...the sledding sounded like a blast!

J & J said...

I always get a little melancholy when the holidays are over. What a fun one it was. Although, Sam is happy to be home in his own bed as are we. Miss you so much....

Melisa said...

Hello there beautiful! So glad I found you! Send me your e-mail address so I can you add me to your blog. You and Ryan are so stinkin cute. So glad you are doing so well! Keep in touch:)

melisa_gabrielsen@hotmail.com

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

i loved seeing you over the break! hopefully one day we can live by each other and our kids can play together while we do whatever the hey'o we want to do. :)

Cindy Zickgraf said...

I love the picture of the new little ones and the mommies. Kristie thank you for being such an awesome aunt I love that you are close and come see the kids and watch them so I can go to the store. Being away I realize how much you ROCK! Thank You! Love you, we need to go to sushi. We never tried that new place by my house. We should try it out soon when you get back from Colorado.
Love You,
Cindy