Thursday, January 22, 2009

A weekend away....



Last Thursday I had the pleasure of visiting my good friend Kelly!  I flew into Denver, Colorado thursday night after I barely made it flying stand-by, but that is another story.  Kelly and I had such a great time catching up and remembering when we were in dental hygiene school together.  Let's just say we shared stories and laughed until 2 am.  We haven't seen each other for almost three years so we had a lot to catch up on.  Kelly and I attended a dental convention in denver and completed our requirements to renew are licenses.  After a full day and a half of courses we went on a wonderful hike in Boulder.  The weather was amazing, 58 degrees sunny and clear!  It was a much needed escape from the terrible inversion that is looming over the Boise valley!  I also had the pleasure of meeting her adorable boyfriend (Jeff) and also reunite with her puppies (Cyrus and Jammer)!  It was such a fun weekend and the only thing missing was my hubbi.  I missed him so much and although the weather in Denver was beckoning me to stay longer I couldn't wait to get home to Ryan!  Thanks Kelly for a great weekend!  Now we can't let three years go by before seeing each other again!  
Kelly and me overlooking Boulder, Colorado


Kelly, Jeff and Jammer!  Kelly said she could only bring Jammer because "he is tough enough"!

Kelly and me towards the end of the hike.  Look at the blue sky and no jackets.  

6 comments:

The Minert's said...

Looks beautiful! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend...we miss our Auntie Kristie!

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

How fun! It's so much fun reuniting with best friends, especially when they live states away!

J & J said...

I love to see the big blue Colorado sky...I definately miss it. Isn't Boulder a neat town? Glad you had fun and it's also exciting to miss your mate, it means you really like each other. I miss you....Jenelle

Erin said...

That weather looks awesome! I'm so glad the sun is finally back in Idaho. I really missed it. I had a really good time catching up with you. Thanks for coming, again!

Kori said...

It looks like you had a great time! It is always nice to get away for a few days, especially with the bad weather around here!

The Minert's said...

Kristie, please come we would have a blast! You and Emily get together and plan a date! Love ya!