Sunday, February 1, 2009

McCall with the Zickgrafs






Last weekend Ryan and I decided to try to escape the inversion and drive to McCall to visit Cindy, Adam, Izabel, and Ford. We arrived Friday night and both kids were asleep. Ford woke up at about ten that night and decided to hang out with us for a couple of hours. The next morning we surprised Izabel as she nearly fell off the table in amazement. She had no idea we were there and she also has a crush on Ryan ( she thinks he is pretty cute)!!! After breakfast we headed out for some afternoon sledding. Seriously I am going to post the video so all can see how extreme it was. I wasn't able to capture Ryan's first run because I was laughing so hard! He flew like four feet off of his sled. It was hilarious so I made him try it again! While we tried to convince a new group of extreme sledders to try the same hill they popped the sled running over a tree! Thankfully no one was hurt, at least severely! After a few hours of sledding Cindy decided the kids better take a nap. We ate lunch and then after nap time (for everyone besides Izabel and me) got on our swim suits and drove to Zim's hot springs! Izabel and Ford had so much fun swimming in the warm water while it was snowing! It was a whole new experience for them, they loved it! After a few hours of swimming we ate at Chapalas against Izabel's request of a hamburger and fries! We finished the evening watching the Miss America Pageant . Well, Ryan and Adam kept switching from ESPN to the beauty pageant! Cindy and I love it because it reminds us of when we were little pretending we were in the Miss America Pageant! Both Izabel and Ford fell asleep quickly and we weren't far behind them. We had to watch the crowning of the new Miss America! We ended the fun weekend attending church Sunday morning. Ford ended the meeting with a loud "ALL DONE"!!!!!! It was hilarious! People around us were smiling and laughing. Thanks again to Adam and Cindy for letting us crash on your extra bed! We had such a fun weekend.














8 comments:

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

How fun! Although I have to say with all the sledding I am waiting for a posting on a broken bone. lol. Really hope it doesn't happen but you guys seem to be extreme sledders. Sounds like a fun weekend! Ahhhhh, those springs sound really nice, especially if you are sore from sledding. In my case, sore from an unbalanced body.

J & J said...

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing the details. Funny to watch Miss America......I remember loving to dress all of you up for the pageants. It is amazing the difference of climate in our posts. I don't know anymore what time of year it is. Would be fun to see the sledding video. Sam loves seeing his cousins in the snow.

Jake and Denae said...

How fun!! Snowing then swimming! Will someone please get me back to IDAHO!!!

Kori said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. It is so nice to get away! I love sledding, and especially when it is extreme! And that is too cute that Isabell has a crush on Ryan, Cindy's kids are adorable. Take care, we need to get together again:)

The Minert's said...

What a blast you all had! I was laughing out loud when I read the part about Ryan sleding...I could just imagine it! Oh and the part about surprising Izabel, how fun...I bet she about died! Well we miss you guys and can't wait to see you in about a week...that is if your not already in Hawaii you lucky..lucky doggg, love ya

Russ and Julie said...

Kristie....I love that you get to go up and spend time with Cindy. It looks like you had so much fun! I haven't been able to check blogs out for a while.....how fun that you got to go see Kelly. I miss the bluebird Colorado sky! Love you!

Cindy Zickgraf said...

We had so much fun with you guys that weekend. I have to admit we were sad when you left. Izabel and I shed some tears. Izabel still randomly asks if you guys are coming up to McCall. Thank you guys so much for helping us move last Saturday, we couldn't have done it without you! We love you guys and look forward to see you soon!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

did i just read in summer's comment that you are going to hawaii?!!!! what?! when and where?! quinn and i stayed a week on ouahu and a week on maui and loved them both. pretty much you are going to have the time of your life and i am extremely jealous.