Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Hike

So Ryan had to work a half day on Labor Day and we were wondering what we should do for the afternoon.  I asked him if he has ever hiked to Table Rock.  He has lived in Boise for three years and I have never taken him on a nice short, but steep hike to overlook Boise.  The weather was absolutely perfect, not too hot!  It made me realize that Ryan and I need to explore more areas here in Idaho.  There is so much to do, see, and enjoy.  I hope to explore more areas and show Ryan the good ol' state of Idaho.  Oh and for dinner we enjoyed some BBQ chicken, corn, salad, and homemade bread.  It was a perfect end to an eventful afternoon.  Thanks to Danny and Lisa (Some friends from our ward) for inviting us over.  I hope everyone had a relaxing Labor day.

The start of our hike

View from about half way

I made Ryan point up to the cross where we were hiking to :)

got to love the self portraits

Overlooking Boise from the top of Table Rock

9 comments:

The Minert's said...

Seeing those pictures makes me really miss Boise!! I love that hike up to table rock, it reminds me of the good old days, when we lived within walking distance...well we miss you guys and love to hear how your lives are back in Idaho! P.s love the matching blue shirts :) you two are sooo cute!

J & J said...

Yes did you plan the coordinating hiking outfits....so sweet. I also have many fond memories of that trail. Fall is so nice in Boise. Love you.

Pence Planet said...

You guys are so darn cute!!!! That is one fun hike, we need to get over there sometime and dare the steep terrain.
Much Love,
Mary
P.S. We need some new toothbrushes over at our house. Can you hook the Pences up :)

Cindy Zickgraf said...

Good Job getting your husband out and seeing new things. I need to do that more often with my husband. It must have been perfect weather for the trek. Love you guys!

Kemp said...

Thanks sisters :) So we didn't plan the matching blue shirts, but we do look pretty cute in them.

Russ and Julie said...

I remember hiking up that trail....so much fun! You guys are the cutest couple (love the matching outfits!:) )! Come visit us! xoxoxo

Kori said...

Oh, how I love Boise! There is so much to do there, right outside your front door. You guys are so cute together! I saw about your boat, sorry to hear that! We need to get together for dinner or something! Maybe this week sometime? Thursday night? Let me know!

Rich and Liz Harris said...

Looks so fun Kristie!!

Lisa, Danny, and Blake said...

You guys are so flipping cute. We love doing dinner with you guys and game nights. Pretty much any time we are free. This might be a very good tradition we need to start. Love you guys